The CVM Teaching Academy summer “book” club will meet again in summer 2016! This year‘s we will not use a book per se, but will instead explore a different weekly topic in educational instruction using a journal club format.
The "Book" Club format:
- Our primary goal for this summer’s book club is to introduce and/or reinforce pedagogy and best practices in teaching and learning through meaningful peer interactions.
- Practically, we hope that each week’s participants will come away with 1 or 2 take-home lessons they might apply to their own teaching.
- Weekly topics and/or journal articles will be selected to provide timely, relevant, evidenced based support for educational ideas.
- In 2016, we also hope to address more of the “early career” issues / questions that CVM junior faculty focus groups have raised.
- Not time consuming!!! Just 8 weeks.
This year we will be meeting once a week:
- Every Wednesday from 12:10-1 pm in ADBF 2018 (unless otherwise stated below)
The 2016 Summer "Book" Club selected readings:
- Go to Perusall Login - https://app.perusall.com/
- Either create an account (if this is your first time) OR sign-in
- Select the “Enter an Access Code” button at the top
- Then enter HALSEY-1883
Selected journal articles and other resources that pertain to the topics can be found below.
All articles will be placed in Perusall. This innovative platform allows participants to engage in a collaborative learning environment. We will be experimenting with this to provide an opportunity tfor you to try a new learning technology. Participation is encouraged using Perusall prior to attending the discussion or being able to give comments if unable to attend.
For FAQ on the instructor Help section, click here to learn more.
2016 Summer Journal Club Survey Results
2016 Summer Schedule:
All Discussions will be in ADBF 2018 (unless otherwise posted)
- Additional Resource:
Video – Dr. Robert Bjork -–“Retrieval induced forgetting”