Gene Editing Reagent Core
Services and costs
Please contact Dr. Lisette Maddison or call 509-335-8992 to obtain the most accurate pricing and approach for your project.
Or if you are interested in a service not listed here, we may be positioned to help.
Services cover several areas.
Our service, in conjunction with the Animal Production Core, is designed to be a seamless start to finish system to lessen the burden on the investigators. In close consultation with the investigators, we will design the approach, test that the approach will be successful using cultured embryos, make modifications where needed, then proceed to achieving a founder animal. Investigators can choose to receive the founder animal(s) or have us breed to the first generation.
- CRISPR “knockouts”
- Generating mutations or deletions leading to a non-functional or no protein
- Locus deletion
- Removal of large segments of the genome
- Small changes
- Including codon changes or addition of epitope tags
- Large additions
- Knock-in of larger elements such as Cre or fluorescent proteins to desired location, typically the 3’ end of a gene
- ROSA knock-in
- Targeting the ROSA locus for integration of transgenic constructs
Tools for editing cell lines/organisms of interest: Depending on goals these can be in different forms.
- Plasmid based with antibody selection
- Designed primarily for use in mammalian cell lines
- Stand-alone Cas9 protein and sgRNA
- Custom configurations suitable for less than ordinary research models
- Constructs for virus-based gene editing
- AAV or lentivirus
- Note: We do not generate the viral particles
Screening of edited cell line/organisms: Ask us how we can help identify your edits.
Custom plasmids (we’re more than just CRISPR): Please contact us with your goals.
Facilitated by the 10x Genomics Chromium platform, the single-cell library service allows interrogation of the transcriptome, epigenomic landscape, and/or immune cell diversity at single-cell resolution. Let us help elevate your research by incorporating state-of-the-art single-cell-omics.
Users submit single cell or nuclei suspensions, depending on the application and cell type, and we will return sequencing-ready libraries. We anticipate return of libraries within 7 working days of receipt of samples. Due to current delays in requisition processing by WSU Purchasing, we respectfully request a minimum of 4-week lead time in order to obtain the necessary reagents.