Professional Molecular Sciences Graduate Certificate
The professional molecular sciences graduate certificate is designed for students who are interested in gaining knowledge in molecular biosciences and professional skills areas. The program combines in-depth instruction in molecular biosciences with training in valuable professional skills like management, ethics, and business.
This certificate is ideal for any student interested in specific professional aspects of science.
The 12-credit certificate has six required and six elective credits. Topics include molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and medical genetics; elective topics include ethics, communications, business, and management.
Admission requirements: Students must be simultaneously enrolled in a graduate program at WSU.
If you have questions about the program, please contact the graduate academic coordinator.
Program of study – 12 semester credits
Courses are online and on the Pullman campus.
- MBIOS 503 Advanced Molecular Biology (3 credits)
Choose one course from the following:
- MBIOS 501 Cell Biology (3 credits)
- MBIOS 513 General Biochemistry (3 credits)
- MBIOS 578 Bioinformatics (3 credits)
- MBIOS 584 Medical Genetics (3 credits)
Professional courses (6 credits – no more than one course from any area)
- PHIL 530 Bioethics (2 credits)
- PHIL 532 Seminar in Business Ethics (3 credits)
- PHIL 535 Advanced Biomedical Ethics (3 credits)
- MBIOS 580 Science Information Literacy (2 credits)
- ENGL 562 Writing & Rhetoric in Sciences & Technology (3 credits)
- ENGL 495 Rhetoric of Science & Technology (3 credits)
- COM 541 Science Communication (3 credits)
- Business focus
- ENTRP 486 Launching New Ventures (3 credits)
- E_M 505 Finance for Technical Systems (3 credits)
- E_M 508 Legal Concepts/Engineering and Technical Managers (3 credits)
- E_M 522 Leading People and Organizations (3 credits) – formerly Leadership, Supervision and Management
- E_M 564 Project Management (3 credits)
- E_M 575 Managing Innovation: Strategy and Performance (3 credits)
- Skills seminar
- MBIOS 583 Professional Skills Seminar (1 credit)