Required materials, application timeline, and frequently asked questions.
Application deadline: December 1 (applications cycle opens in July each year)
- Cumulative GPA (all courses) minimum 3.0
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are no longer required and will not be evaluated.
How to apply
- WSU graduate school application
- College transcripts (unofficial acceptable for initial review–upon admittance official transcripts are required by the WSU Graduate School)
- Three (3) letters of reference submitted directly by the reference writer
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB scores or language waiver for all international applicants from a country whose primary language is not English.
- A personal statement that details the following:
- Why you want to pursue a PhD degree?
- What attracted you to the Immunology and Infectious Diseases program at WSU?
- Your previous research experience(s)
- Your short-term and long-term career goals
2022-2023 Application Timeline
July – August
- Application cycle opens
- Application deadline
- Recruitment and visitation weekend early March (invited applicants only)
- Admission decisions (neuroscience students are admitted once a year to start fall semester)
- Deadline to accept or decline offer
- Graduate orientation & leadership retreat (dates to be announced)
- First day of classes