Claire BurbickAssociate ProfessorDirector of Operations, WA Animal Disease Diagnostics Laboratory firstname.lastname@example.org 509-335-6044
- Bacteriology Section Head, Washington Animal Disease Diagnostics Laboratory
- Interim Immunodiagnostics Section Head, Washington Animal Disease Diagnostics Laboratory
- Collaborator, Field Disease Investigation Unit, College of Veterinary Medicine
- PhD, Washington State University, 2014
- DVM, Washington State University, 2008
- Board Certified, American College of Veterinary Microbiologists (Diplomate ACVM) bacteriology/mycology, virology, immunology, 2014
My main research efforts are on topics of importance to clinical microbiology, and include investigation of novel pathogens, antimicrobial susceptibility, and expansion of bacterial identification technologies like MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Currently, I am involved in a project to identify the etiologic agent of abortion/neonatal calf pneumonia, and use of MALDI-TOF MS for identification of fish pathogens. In addition, I am Director of the Clinical Microbiology Residency Program which is responsible for training new veterinary microbiology specialists.