Dr. Jennifer Watts is a Professor and Associate Director for Graduate Programs in the School of Molecular Biosciences. Dr. Watts uses the roundworm C. elegans to study fat metabolism and functions of polyunsaturated fatty acids in diseases such as obesity and cancer. She also teaches a hands-on genetics lab to Genetics and Cell Biology undergraduate students.
- PhD, Cornell University, 1996
- Lipid Metabolism
- Functions of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
- Ferroptosis, cell death caused by metabolic imbalances
- Manipulating lipid metabolism to control plant parasitic nematodes
- Lab Site
- Member, National Institutes of Health (NIH) CMAD study section