The WSU College of Veterinary Medicine Teaching Academy is a scholarly community of educators engaging in teaching and career development. The academy fosters innovative curriculum, teaching, and learning.
Our weekly events are open to all college and WSU faculty, staff, graduate, and professional students.
We also offer educational training and academic career preparation opportunities to graduate students, veterinary residents, and new faculty members across the entire college through workshops, seminars, discussions, and summer programs.
Any events will be listed below.
- Jun 7 Learning How to Incorporate an Audience Response System (ARS), Top Hat in your Teaching to Improve Student Engagement
- Jun 14 Using Canvas when Teaching In-Person
- Jun 21 How do I write effective multiple-choice questions? Answer: E. All of the Above
- Jun 28 Assessments, Oh My! Options other than MCQ
- Promote scholarship, education, leadership, collaboration, and elevate the status of teaching as a career track
- Foster and support innovative approaches and assessment in education
- Provide mentorship and guidance for graduate students, residents, and new faculty members interested in careers in education
- Create and support a culture of collegiality, collaboration, and open dialogue within the teaching community
Questions about the college’s Teaching Academy or how you can get involved? Email us.
WSU College of Veterinary Medicine faculty, staff, and students can also find more teaching information and resources on our college’s internal website.