When animals in a producer’s herd fall ill, our team of veterinarians and veterinary students investigates the cause and provides recommendations to improve the animals’ health and wellbeing.
We work with animal agriculture production systems of all sizes with a focus to optimize the safety, abundance, access, and wholesomeness of animal-origin products.
Our interdisciplinary team conducts translational field research to:
- Improve animal health
- Develop hands-on teaching experiences for students
- Conduct outreach to address field-based issues in food animal production
- Engage in extension programming that reaches veterinarians, producers, extension-educators, youth interested in agriculture, and industry support
- Engage with large and small production systems
- Focus on animal wellbeing and health
- Support and promote food security
- Translational research, community outreach, education, and extension
Education and research topics
Questions? Email Katy Heaton