Graduate Degree Programs
Rigorous educational training for tomorrow’s scientists in biomedical sciences, molecular biosciences, and neuroscience. Our graduate programs prepare you for a career in human and animal science, health, and medicine.
Integrated graduate program
- Common core curriculum. Graduate students take common courses in biomedical ethics, responsible conduct, experimental design, and deconstruction of research.
- 8-week lab rotations. Choose at least three labs and work alongside faculty researchers to discover your research interests and choose a mentor.
- Professional development. Attend ongoing academic and career development training in our Leadership and Professional Series to enhance communication, mentoring, diversity, and leadership skills.
Graduate research opportunities
Tuition and financial resources
- PhD students in good standing are supported by a competitive annual stipend, health insurance, and tuition waivers. Stipends come with expectations of assisting in research or teaching.
- Scholarships are available through the WSU Graduate School and the College of Veterinary Medicine. If you’re a current graduate student, log in to the college’s internal web to see available scholarships.
- Students can also receive supplemental support from graduate scholarships and achievement awards, such as the Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Foundation or WSU Research Assistantships for Diverse Scholars.
- Visit Student Financial Services for more information about financial aid and scholarships.
- For financial planning, see an estimated annual cost of attendance.
Pullman is located in the Palouse region of the Inland Northwest, homelands of the Nimíipuu (Nez Perce) Tribe and Palus people. The Palouse has one of the most beautiful and unique landscapes in the world. Rolling hills and wide-open skies give the region its distinctive appeal.
Residents enjoy outdoor activities and the benefits of small town living with the cultural richness of bigger city life.
Photo credit – kencarperphotos.com